Pages

Thursday, October 24, 2019

Live Blog : UT Presidential Debate





By Bee Tree: 

TAMPA, FL - Wednesday, Oct.23, The University of Tampa Student Government will hold its 2020 elections at 4:30 p.m. The event will include a debate from the top two presidential candidates, Richard Chain E.(Lincoln, NE) and Tom Jef Ferson (Shadwell, VA). 

The topics for discussion include: On-Campus parking, general campus-life, annual budget spending, and nightly routines. 


UT Times will be covering the debate live with in-depth descriptions of each candidate. The voice will be less formal for efficiency purposes.  


5:45 p.m. - The debate is over. Comment below who you think should win! Candidate with the highest votes will be your next UT President. 


5:30 p.m. - The candidates have given the final statements. TFJ stuck to his guns and promised a hard-working, blue-grass style to his Presidency. RCE has promised that he will not betray or manipulate the system in anyway if elected. 


5:15 p.m. - TJF has taken the lead in the debate with this dagger quote, “I honestly just want to do well. My dad always said that I should try my hardest and that’s what I am going to do for you guys and this school.” The candidates are preparing for final statements. 


5:01 p.m. - The audience has just erupted in applause from TJF sitting. I assume he has broken the political barrier and this act has made him seem more human. 


5:00 p.m. - TJF has just sat down on the stage criss-crossed apple sauce with spoons definitely in the bowl. Prior to sitting he stated, “My legs are tired. Would it be weird for me to sit down? I think I need to sit down. I’m going to sit down.” 


4:45 p.m. - The speaker has asked a number of questions thus far. The question about student safety was most revered by the audience. For the past 20 minuets, RCE has been commanding the lead with TJF mainly repeating what RCE has stated but with only one different fact. 


4:25 p.m. - The Speaker of the Floor has asked the first question to RCE. The question was, “In your first 100 days in office, what will be your main goal?” RCE responded roughly with, “I will certainly not betray the trust of my fellow students, but also I will try and keep the student body civil by following their every order.” The same question was directed towards TJF. His reply was similar with the only difference being that he will improve the food around campus. 


4:20 p.m. - The applause have died down. A strange odor has filled the room. I will try and investigate further. 


4:12 p.m. - The candidates have taken the stage. Richard Chain E., RCE, is wearing red and Tom J. Ferson (TJF) is wearing blue.  




No comments:

Post a Comment